A website has to gain your customer’s trust in order for them to complete an online transaction. Therefore usability and functionality is a must for ecommerce success.
Results must also be easily measurable. Achievement of ecommerce goals are determined by:
- Developing an intuitive store that gives visitors a positive experience
- Creation of a new sales channels to increase revenue
- Building a customer base
- Usage of industry standard security
- Usage of analytics and reporting
What can you have
There are possibly too many features to name here. We talk with you to find out what you need, and if you don’t know exactly what that is, we’ll help you figure it out.
Some of the things you will want to consider are:
- What kind of products are you going to sell and will they have variations?
- What kind of payments are you going to accept and from what payment gateway?
- How will people find your online store?
- What kind of promotions, if any, are you going to use?
- Where are you going to ship to?
- What are the email order fulfillment notifications going to say?
- Most importantly – how will you measure success?
- How are you planning to maintain the site?
Like anything, an ecommerce store can be as simple or complex as you like. We have built a lot of online stores for starter companies which we have then expanded and modified as sales have increased.